Blogger’s Visitors and Ranks
Global Rank 62
Rank in United States 99
Top 10 Reasons to Use Blogger
Blogger is one of the world’s best known blogging platforms. But what makes it special? And why should you use Blogger for your own blog?
- Blogger’s publishing service is completely free! No hosting or renewal fees – ever.
- It is very easy to setup and use. And this is the reason of its label – “push button publishing”
- It can be fully customizable; you can edit your template HTML, java scripts and CSS.
- SEO –
- Google quickly indexes it.
- You can add meta data and search descriptions
- Custom 404 page, redirects, and robot.txt
- Use a custom domain: You can use either an existing TLD or you can buy direct from Google.
- Integrated with other Google products, like Picasa, Adsense, Google+ etc.
- You can create multi author blog.
- You can easily install hundreds of gadgets in the gadget directories.
- Blog on the go! There are applications available for blogger platform on Android, iOS, or you may also post via email.
- You can also change the design of your blog with
Limitations of Blogger Platform
However, the limitations are many, and your blog will never look as professional as you want if you have a Blogger blog. It’ll be instantly recognizable as something from Blogger, which will limit your earning potential.
– 500 characters max; HTML markup not supported
Number of blogs
– 100 blogs per account
Number of labels
– 5,000 unique labels per blog (an increase from the original 2,000), 20 unique labels per post
Number of pictures
(hyperlinked from user’s Google+ Web Album) = 15 GB of free storage (Shared between Google Drive, Google+ and Gmail). However, if one has signed up for Google+ account, images less than 2048 x 2048 pixels would not be counted to this storage limit. For users not signed up for Google+, 800 x 800 pixels and below images would not be included in this storage space.
Number of posts
– There is no limit on the number of posts one can have in one blog.
Size of pages
– Individual pages (the main page of a blog or archive pages) are limited to 1 MB
Size of pictures
– If posted via Blogger Mobile, limited 300 KB per picture; posted pictures are scaled to 1600px
– Limited to 20 standalone pages.
(those who can write to a blog) – 100 invitations per blog
– Any square image less than 100KB
Have something to add to this post. Share your thoughts in the comment.